Tammy’s challenge today was to be cheerful and loving towards family. Today for my family (zak), I made him fruit salad that he keeps asking for. I can’t wait til he gets home from school to see it. After that, I will read him his new stories before bed.
She also wants us to have a bedtime and stick to it. Unfortunately, for me, working night shift, this will never happen.
Hope you have a great monday!! (Even if we get a foot of snow here in cleveland!)
Updates in pink. As of 4/6/09
Last month I spent a lot on my house. I invested in a new garage door and opener and then a new lawn mower! Also I painted my living room and bought landscape lights. I love everything I purchased. It makes it feel even more “homey”.
This month I would like to:
- get new windows–the estimated installation date is May 1st, but maybe i’ll get lucky
- -have a successful party for my son! I’m going to order pizza, pop, and have a great time. OK guess that’s not a finanical goal, but still
- split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 5/08 $450, $20 Zak
- make at least $400/pay at lake east (that would be good for the accounts) – i’m working 4 12’s plus a class thats 1.5 hours plus a meeting and TB test so i’m guestimating…..$1000.
- look at my life insurance plan and home insurance to make sure its what suzie orman says lol i read her book.
- Look into a Roth IRA
Ok Red is last month and Purple is this months:
For my accounts according to mint.com:
- Etrade (high yeild savings account):$16,394–$16,584.75 up $190.75
- Etrade (house fund): $439-$841.56 up $402.56
- Etrade (emergency fund): $862– $1,265.80 up $403.80
- Chase (low yeild checking): $1267– $3,276.95 up $2009.95
- Charles Schwab (high yeild checking): $1380– $7,462.19 up $6195.19 (tax refund)
- Charles Schwab savings: $1006–$1,506.98 up $500.98
- LHS retirement account: $2189-$2,297.01 up $108.01
- OPERS retirement account:$3504–$4,192.22 up $688.22
- Zak’s Etrade savings account:$1282– $1,285.94 up $3.94
- Zak’s CollegeAdvantage fund:$602–$578.08 down $23.92
- Coupon savings this month: $0
- Speedy points:129988– 140914 up 10926
- Anne Geddes points: 11,532 same
- Cash back points: (I need to sign up, i will edit this later)
- Shop at home.com points: $10.00-$10.88 998
Totals: up $9703.23 actual money. Didnt include retirement, zak’s money or other things that aren’t true savings to me. This was the first time all my accounts were up! I am impressed. That amount sounds like a lot, but my tax return is in it.
Last Week’s Review
Friday- Window Nation at 4:30 for estimate–I’m going to cancel it. I got windows yesterday, call 2 more tree companies for estimates, call this reading program for my son, workout, copy DVDs, print coupons out, order dress for wedding. –Did it all!
Saturday- Laundry, clean, 7pm Metro, delete files on my computer –still gotta do the computer thing
Sunday- Sunday school, 7pm Metro, clip coupons–Did it
Monday- 7pm metro, sort coupons, make sure all bills are paid–Did it all
Tuesday- 7pm East–Did it and picked up Zak’s pics
Wednesday- Kindermusik, shop for wrapping paper for zaks gifts, laundry, rest. It’s a long work week.–Did it all!
Thursday- 5:30pm Metro, pick up Zak’s pictures–Did it all!
Friday- window guy coming to measure windows, clean kitchen and bathroom, turn on deep freezer, another load of laundry, put other laundry away, call dad for big tables for Saturday,Spring Cleaning!
Thursday-off work. Coupons, maybe take zak to chuck e cheese for his bday, get easter basket ready, Spring Cleaning!
Next week I will be thinking about the garden more If this cold weather EVER goes AWAY!!
Good Luck this week!!
My Monthly Goals
I came across a pretty cool article. My goal is to do this everyday in April. Here is my goal:
It’s April! A sure sign of spring right? Here in Cleveland, plan on one more big blast of snow!
I did pick out a spot in my yard for a garden. It’s 12x12ft. Here is what is going to be planted:
And that’s it. I’m going to try this. I’m am no ‘green thumb’. I’m a first timer and i’m going to have help. I also bought flowers to plant. We’ll see how this goes I’ll post pics. I’m excited for this!
I am going to try to keep the tabs of how much these meals cost me. Its hard when you have some on stock at home….But here is the month. We still have last month to finish up
Last month went well!! I made all the meals!! Here’s my ratings:
Fish with butter and garlic—I broil the fish with a little butter and garlic on top YUM! A+
Easy chicken parm A-
chicken and brocolli alfredo A+
stovetop stuffed chicken rolls A+
Ravioli with bacon still have to make
foil pack chicken and brocolli dinner A+ everyone at work raved on it
chicken with parm garlic and herb crust still gotta make
frozen pizza–never made
hamburger helper –never made
Got any ideas for us?? Please post your recipe!